If you're currently fighting against mental or chronic illness, keep fighting. You're never alone and are so worth the effort.

Friday, August 5, 2016

Don't Touch My Luggage! ... Or My Service Dog

I've recently stumbled upon something very useful that I felt I should share: on my instagram account, I kept seeing other Service Dogs wearing on their vests or harnesses a red luggage tag that says "HANDS OFF!"  The general consensus was that the tag is very effective in discouraging unwanted petting, so naturally, I had to get one for myself to try it out!

Pretty nifty, isn't it?

Unlike most Service Dog equipment, which can be rather pricey, this luggage tag is just about $1 at Walmart.  This is probably the best deal on Service Dog gear anywhere!  Not even a patch of the same size would be that cheap, and this is more transferable and durable than a patch.  I would definitely recommend this to any team as a must-have item.  I can't yet speak to whether it has deflected more petting than before I wore it, but that's only because Dartmouth students and Hanover residents tend to be very respectful of Service Dogs, for the most part.

The tag, unfortunately, is no longer offered on Walmart's website, at least for the time being.  Whether it is still sold in stores, especially any given regional store, is not known to me at this time.  Hopefully, you can still find it somewhere!  It's manufactured by G-Force, a company that specializes in luggage, so it should be available somewhere on the internet, perhaps eBay.

But, if you can find it, I highly recommend getting and utilizing this luggage tag!  It is definitely more valuable than its price would have you believe, and it'll earn its worth.

Cheers for now,
Kelsie Iris

Check out these other posts of mine:
SD team etiquette
Don't distract SDs
Spoon Theory
Confused? See my terms and abbreviations

No comments:

Post a Comment