If you're currently fighting against mental or chronic illness, keep fighting. You're never alone and are so worth the effort.

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

宆s¥ Abbreviations


To make typing easier on my little freckled puppy paws, I’m probably going to be using quite a few abbreviations—you’ve probably already noticed a few by now, so hopefully you haven’t been too confused.  I will PUPdate this page throughout the course of this blog so that this can be a list of most, if not all, of the abbreviations I use in my posts.

Tired from typing so much
ACD: Australian Cattle Dog
ADA: Americans with Disabilities Act
ADI: Assistance Dogs International
AKC: Americna Kennel Club
CCI: Canine Companions for Independence
CGC: Canine Good Citizen Test
DPT: Deep Pressure Therapy
DSM: Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 
ESA: Emotional Support Animal
ESD: Emotional Support Dog
FHA: Fair Housing Act
KI: Kelsie Iris (me!)
MAD: Medical Alert Dog
OT: Owner-Training, Owner-Trained, etc.
PA: Public Access (often used in the context of training)
PAT: Public Access Test
PBC: Puppy Boot Camp
PSD: Psychiatric Service Dog
PSDiT: Psychiatric Service Dog in Training
SD: Service Dog
SD Prospect: a candidate to become a Service Dog
SDiT: Service Dog in Training
Spoons/Spoon Theory: see this link

If anyone is ever confused about a term or abbreviation that I use, don’t hesitate to let me know, and I’ll add your suggestion to this list!

Tail wags and puppy kisses,
Kelsie Iris

PS Isn't this post impressively short for me?!

PUPdated: 30 July 2016

3 comments:

  1. Way to go KI! -Gisenyi and Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Gis and Mandie! I hope I get to meet you two soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mwah mwah mwah mwah!

    (MWAH = Mommy's Wonderful Animal Helper)

    ReplyDelete